|“||In that case, maybe I should try being a little more direct. Well? Can you hear what my heart is saying? Yuzu, inside of me, when it concerns my feelings for you, I have a part that's "good", but also a part that's "bad". Knowing that, do you still want to take a peek inside of me?||”|
Mei is a very beautiful young girl with straight and silky black hair that goes beyond her shoulders. She has purple eyes and light skin. Whilst in school, she dresses formally in uniform with an additional arm-band on her left arm, which identifies her as a part of the student council. When attending events outside of school, she wears ordinary plain clothes which attract little attention to her. She starts wearing a ring that Yuzu gave her but only outside of school.
On the outside, Mei appears to have a cold and ruthless attitude towards her peers. She's obtained a stern and short-tempered personality from her father's abandonment of her. She is unable to communicate with Yuzu normally and struggles to convey her feelings properly, this results in her often making frequent sexual advances towards Yuzu. Despite her behavior, on the inside, she is sensitive, lonely, and hides a heart that can be easily hurt.
Her usually hard personality contrasts her emotional side, which manifests often. Mei struggles to understand Yuzu's optimistic and impulsive nature, as it harshly mirrors her pessimistic and measured one. As the series progresses, she slowly changes, becoming less-cold to Yuzu, and a bit more caring towards her. She still has a hard time being honest and understanding what she's feeling. She sometimes does childish things  and likes teddy bears. She's more confident than Yuzu knowing the fact that not everyone will approve of their relationship. Mei and Yuzu’s relationship slowly progresses as the chapters continue.
Anime & Manga DifferencesEdit
- Mei is not very good at sewing.
- Mei likes teddy bears.
- Mei's ears are sensitive.
- Mei is not ticklish, as Yuzu found in Citrus +5.
- As shown in Citrus+ 2, Mei has a scar on her right thigh from elementary school.
- The small stuffed bear keychain given to her by Yuzu is called Anthoniko, while the big one given to her by Shō is called Kumagorō. She also has another yellow bear that Yuzu won for her from an arcade claw game.
- "Mei" (芽衣?) is a feminine Japanese name, with multiple meanings depending on the kanjis used. The specific kanjis of her name mean "sprout, garment" or "bright, reliant."
- "Aihara" (藍原?) means "indigo field."
- ↑ Citrus Manga Chapter 12, pages 34-36
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Citrus Manga Chapter 29, page 6-11
- ↑ Citrus Volume 1 Extras