|“||In that case, maybe I should try being a little more direct. Well? Can you hear what my heart is saying? Yuzu, inside of me, when it concerns my feelings for you, I have a part that's "good", but also a part that's "bad". Knowing that, do you still want to take a peek inside of me?||”|
Mei is a teenager with straight silky black hair that goes beyond her shoulders. She also has purple eyes. Whilst in school she dresses formally in the uniform, and wears a wrist band on her right arm. When attending events outside of school, she wears plain ordinary clothes which attract little attention to her. she starts wearing a ring that Yuzu gave to her but only wears it outside of school.
On her exterior, Mei appears to have a cold and ruthless attitude towards her peers. She's obtained a stern and short-tempered personality from her father abandoning her. She is unable to communicate with Yuzu normally and struggles to convey her feelings properly, this results in her often making frequent sexual advances towards Yuzu. Despite how she acts, on the inside she is sensitive, lonely and hides a heart that can be easily hurt. Her usually hard personality contrasts with her emotional side, which manifests often. Mei struggles to understand Yuzu's optimistic nature, as it harshly mirrors her pessimistic one. As the series progresses she slowly changes being less cold to Yuzu and a little bit more caring towards her. Although she still has a hard time being honest and understand on what she's feeling. She sometimes does childish things,  and likes teddy bears. She's more confident than Yuzu knowing the fact that not everyone will approve of their relationship.
Anime & Manga Differences
- Mei is not very good at sewing.
- Mei likes bears.
- Mei's ears are sensitive.
- Mei is also not ticklish, as Yuzu found in Citrus +5.
- As shown in Citrus+ 2, Mei has a scar on her right thigh from elementry school.
- The small stuffed bear keychain given to her by Yuzu is called Anthoniko, while the big one given to her by Shō is called Kumagorō. She also has another yellow bear from a claw game that Yuzu won for her.
- "Mei" (芽衣?) is a feminine Japanese name, with multiple meanings depending on the kanjis used. The specific kanjis of her name mean "sprout, garment" or "bright, reliant".
- "Aihara" (藍原?) means "indigo field".
- ↑ Citrus Manga Chapter 12, pages 34-36
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Citrus Manga Chapter 29, page 6-11
- ↑ Citrus Volume 1 Extras