She is a tall adult woman with neck-length black hair styled in swept bangs. She has somewhat similar facial features to her daughter Yuzu.
Despite her age and the fact she's a mother, she's childish, playful and immature, going as far as calling her husband a "tsundere", and mocking Yuzu after she dyes her hair black despite being the one to tell her to. She shows a more mature side sometimes, however. Like Yuzu, she enjoys fashion and shopping.
Anime & Manga Differences
- According to herself, when she was younger, she looked just like Yuzu after she put on a black wig.
- As shown in chapter 17, she drinks beer.
- "Ume" (梅?) literally means "plum".
- "Aihara" (藍原?) means "indigo field".
- "Okogi" (小此木?) is formed by the combination of the kanjis 小 (lit. small?), 此 (lit. here?) and 木 (lit. tree?). Thus, it can be interpreted to mean "this small tree".